Alisha Marie Bjorklund
University of Wisconsin – River Falls
B.A. English – Creative Writing
2005 - 2009
Sigma Tau Delta (International English Honors), 2007
Honors Program at University of Wisconsin-River Falls, 2005-2009
Publication in Prologue (UW-River Falls literature and art magazine), 2009
Dean’s List, 3.75 GPA
23 April 2012 – present
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd. 40 hours/week
Woodbury, MN Supervisor: Tom Lund
• Develop marketing copy for trade catalog, advance reader copies, and final back cover of nonfiction books.
• Create effective online marketing campaigns for the Llewellyn website and social media platforms.
• Collaborate with marketing team on strategies to reach customers and utilize current trends in publishing.
26 September 2014 – 12 December 2018
Three If By Space 6 hours/week
Online Supervisor: Robert Prentice
• Wrote and posted weekly episode reviews and previews of CW Network shows The Flash and Arrow.
• Created pop culture news articles and Wizard World Comic Con convention coverage stories.
• Researched buzzworthy movie and TV trailers and posted them to ThreeIfBySpace.net.
9 August 2010 – present
Supervisor: Linda Schmid
• Created impactful copy for many Figi’s publications, with emphasis on the Gallery catalog of home and gift products.
• Organized and prioritized many copywriting projects including web products, cheese club mailer, multi-mailers, telemarketing, and base catalog product descriptions.
• Focused on expectations of Figi’s customers, including their satisfaction, quality of our goods, and conveying important information about our products and the company’s values.
• Engaged with other associates on my department team to efficiently proof and complete every catalog and project according to each season or holiday.
Summer Writing Program Teacher
26 July 2010 – 6 August 2010
Supervisor: Laurie Palm
• Taught eight middle school-aged children to enjoy and respect grammar and essay writing structure.
• Engaged my students with interactive projects designed to educate them on proper use of language.
• Gave the students a sense of accomplishment through topics of their interest to write and practice.
• Managed the students’ progress and completion of assignments, while also giving them one-on-one attention for any work they needed assistance to complete.
Writing/Web Editing Intern
1 March 2010 – 5 April 2010
Link to Diversity
Supervisor: Yuriy Lehan
• Prepared and edited important copy for Link to Diversity’s webpage regarding study, volunteer, and intern abroad programs located in multiple continents across the world.
• Successfully created and researched new content for traveling abroad programs according to the company’s standards and keyword requirements.
• Organized all provided information into a neat, easily read, and detailed format to be used by the website in order to connect travelers to their ideal program overseas.
Writing Center Tutor
September 2008 – December 2009
University of Wisconsin-River Falls
River Falls, WI 54022
Supervisor: David Furniss
• Successfully addressed numerous types of editing and organizational issues on student papers and essays including thesis statement, paragraph organization, and grammar.
• Communicated effectively with students on understanding how to write an excellent academic paper according to professor expectations and assignment guidelines.
• Built relationships with revisiting students to better help their writing performance and improve their course work over the semester.
• Mentored and advised new tutors, guiding them to be more effective with students for next semester.
Deli Department Associate
June 2003 – July 2010
County Market (June 2003-2009)
Hudson, WI 54016
Supervisor: Donna Larson
• Managed multiple deli stations including sliced meat, hot food, salad, and value cases during the busy afternoon and dinner hours with professional performance, even with shortages of product.
• Communicated effectively with customers to better serve them and carry out their exact orders.
• Collaborated with five or more employees to fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Arrived on time everyday dressed appropriately and displayed a helpful, positive attitude.
Copywriting SEO Copywriting Product Description Online Marketing Telemarketing
Adobe InDesign Microsoft Office Apple Macintosh Computer Platform Written and Oral Communication Detail-oriented Strategic Thinking