Alisha Marie Bjorklund
I am a wordsmith dedicated to creating the best written strategy and content for any project on which I'm working. Always willing to make business objectives the highest priority, I can use creative thinking to capture the reader's attention and give compelling reasons to want a product. Feel free to contact me for any potential employment opportunities! Feel free to check out my blog at alishabmarie.wordpress.com.
University of Wisconsin – River Falls
B.A. English – Creative Writing
2005 - 2009
Sigma Tau Delta (International English Honors), 2007
Honors Program at University of Wisconsin-River Falls, 2005-2009
Publication in Prologue (UW-River Falls literature and art magazine), 2009
Dean’s List, 3.75 GPA
9 August 2010 – present
Supervisor: Linda Schmid
• Created impactful copy for many Figi’s publications, with emphasis on the Gallery catalog of home and gift products.
• Organized and prioritized many copywriting projects including web products, cheese club mailer, multi-mailers, telemarketing, and base catalog product descriptions.
• Focused on expectations of Figi’s customers, including their satisfaction, quality of our goods, and conveying important information about our products and the company’s values.
• Engaged with other associates on my department team to efficiently proof and complete every catalog and project according to each season or holiday.
Summer Writing Program Teacher
26 July 2010 – 6 August 2010
Supervisor: Laurie Palm
• Taught eight middle school-aged children to enjoy and respect grammar and essay writing structure.
• Engaged my students with interactive projects designed to educate them on proper use of language.
• Gave the students a sense of accomplishment through topics of their interest to write and practice.
• Managed the students’ progress and completion of assignments, while also giving them one-on-one attention for any work they needed assistance to complete.
Writing/Web Editing Intern
1 March 2010 – 5 April 2010
Link to Diversity
Supervisor: Yuriy Lehan
• Prepared and edited important copy for Link to Diversity’s webpage regarding study, volunteer, and intern abroad programs located in multiple continents across the world.
• Successfully created and researched new content for traveling abroad programs according to the company’s standards and keyword requirements.
• Organized all provided information into a neat, easily read, and detailed format to be used by the website in order to connect travelers to their ideal program overseas.
Writing Center Tutor
September 2008 – December 2009
University of Wisconsin-River Falls
River Falls, WI 54022
Supervisor: David Furniss
• Successfully addressed numerous types of editing and organizational issues on student papers and essays including thesis statement, paragraph organization, and grammar.
• Communicated effectively with students on understanding how to write an excellent academic paper according to professor expectations and assignment guidelines.
• Built relationships with revisiting students to better help their writing performance and improve their course work over the semester.
• Mentored and advised new tutors, guiding them to be more effective with students for next semester.
Deli Department Associate
June 2003 – July 2010
County Market (June 2003-2009)
Hudson, WI 54016
Supervisor: Donna Larson
• Managed multiple deli stations including sliced meat, hot food, salad, and value cases during the busy afternoon and dinner hours with professional performance, even with shortages of product.
• Communicated effectively with customers to better serve them and carry out their exact orders.
• Collaborated with five or more employees to fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Arrived on time everyday dressed appropriately and displayed a helpful, positive attitude.
- SEO Copywriting
- Product Description
- Online Marketing
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Office
- Apple Macintosh Computer Platform
- Written and Oral Communication
- Strategic Thinking